Will this break with Dynamics CRM 2013?

Oct 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Hi Daniel,

I’m a big fan of your CRMRestKit and CRMFetchKit scripts for Dynamics CRM 2011 - it's been a brilliant resource.

We run online, so the upgrade to 2013 is coming soon. I’ve just been running the Dynamics 2013 validation tool, which identifies a range of functions, methods and properties that may not work after upgrade. The list is as follows for crmfetchkit:
  • The occurrence of SERVER_URL was located 4 time(s) in this web resource.
  • The occurrence of .text was located 3 time(s) in this web resource.
  • The occurrence of .childNodes.length was located 2 time(s) in this web resource.
  • The occurrence of .firstChild was located 5 time(s) in this web resource.
  • The occurrence of .childNodes[ was located 2 time(s) in this web resource.
It also brings up issues with the standard jquery scripts too.

Anyone have a sense of whether do you have any sense of what might break and whether this is just over-zealous analysis that won't come to anything?

Thanks,

James
Coordinator
Oct 14, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Edited Oct 14, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Hi James,

we received the same warnings and mostof these are related to DOM manipulation and or selector-operations that could be performed with these methods. The good news is, that neither CrmRestKit nor CrmFetchKit using jQuery in this regards (DOM manipulation, selction-operation, traversing). We utilize only the ajax and promise functionality of jQuery.

Regarding the "SERVER_URL", I do not know why this pops up, but take a look at the getServerUrl method, I assume this logic still applies.

So the answer is: It will not break for any of these warnings!

Nerveless there might be undocumented changes (e.g.: a tiny aspect of the web-services changes) that will cause the CrmRestKit or CrmFetchKit to break, I cannot give a guarantee that it will not break but it is unlikely.

My recommended approach: Create a new CRM Online trial Organisation (as far as i know the new orgs are already 2013), install your solution or at least the “main” parts and give it trail. Right know I am busy with a project so I do not have the time to test the CrmFetchKit on my own. Any feedback (negative or positive) or findings are welcome.

And as a last note: A positive rating on codeplex is alway welcome :)

Regards,

Daniel
Oct 14, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Hi Daniel,

Superb news - that's a relief and a good starting point. I'm planning to set up a trial over the next week or two and will let you know either way if it works on this thread.

I looked for how to rate you but couldn't see it - show me the way and I'll happily big you up!

James
Coordinator
Oct 14, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Hi Jamas,

fast response! On the "Download" section there should be a button "Review this release".

I would be great when you post you finding in this thread, is Information is valuable to multiple users!

Daniel
Oct 14, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Review done - response on upgrade to 2013 pending in a week or two!

James
Coordinator
Oct 17, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Edited Nov 11, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Hi,

I just executed the CrmFetchKit-1.9.2.js in an CRM 2013 Online environment and.... all integration test are green!!!!

So CrmFetchKit will not break!

Daniel
Marked as answer by thuld on 11/12/2013 at 12:32 PM